Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning


For those who don't know, I work at a unique job where every once in a while I cook dinner for about 20+ people. The other night, they planned chicken burritos. Yet, as I looked at their ingredients there was no one single thing on their list to season the chicken. I dont know about you but when I have a burrito, I love for the meat to be flavorful and delicious. Well I went to my fellow food bloggers and found this recipe for Taco Seasoning. It was great! It used all the seasonings you probably have at home. Plus I enjoyed being able to alter the spiciness with the cayenne. Im also a HUGE fan of cumin so I like being able to add more to it than what the normal envelopes give you.


Homemade Taco Seasoning
Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin (2 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin)
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
Dash of Cayenne
INSTRUCTIONS:
Mix all ingredients and store in air tight container. 10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment