Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BAKED Southwestern Egg Rolls


I was suprised I even attempted this recipe bc it sounds like a daunting one. Once looking at it, I realized I had all the ingredients. I baked mine instead of frying and they turned out crunchy and melty and o so delicious. I like them just as much as Chilis and they are now one of my recipes Ill use to impress people.
BAKED Southwestern Egg Rolls:
Ingredients:

2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend (I ADDED MORE)
2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
5 green onions, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
20 Tortillas
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place 1/4 cup of chicken mixture in the center of one Tortilla. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Place on a baking sheet seem down. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425. Once you see your tortilla is getting hard, turn oven to broil and bake for 2-3 minutes. Once golden brown, you can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment