I have really gotten into making bread recently and let me tell you this is a hit. If you can proof yeast you can do this. It looks, tastes and smells like a million bucks. Honestly, its pretty close to Macaroni Grill's bread. Mike and I treated it that way and ate the whole loaf the first night I made it. Great alternative to bread sticks.
1 cup water (WARM)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Proof your yeast with the water, sugar and yeast and wait 10 minutes.
2. Add flour, salt, and oil knead and like heck. ( Or use your dough hook)
3. Add the herbs & pepper [I used oregano insted of an italian blend and definately kept the rosemary) and knead some more.
4. Let rise an hour or so in an oiled, covered plastic bowl in a warm place.
5. Punch down, let rise another hour.
6. Bake at 375 until browned or for 25 minutes
7. Remove from oven, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
8.Serve with olive oil and fresh cracked pepper.
TIP: If you live somewhere cold, dry or just want to make the rising process of your dough faster, there are two options. You can microwave a glass of water for 3 minutes and then put your dough in its bowl inside the microwave to rise. This creates a humid warm place. Also, while making your dough you can preheat your oven on warm and then when its ready to rise put the bowl in the oven, turn the oven off, and crack the oven door open. This has the same affect.