Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Poor Man Chicken Casserole

Poor Man Chicken Casserole
Ingredients:
1 c. milk
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. mayonnaise
2/3 c. chopped celery
2 c. crushed potato chips
2 13oz. cans chicken or 3 large chicken breasts baked
1 1/2 12 oz. bags of egg noodles

Instructions:
Cut up chicken. Boil noodles and drain. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl except chips and 1/2 c. of cheese. Spread mix into 9x13 casserole dish. Cook in oven at 425 for 22 min. Heat until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 c. cheese and potato chips on top. 

This is a great do ahead recipe and one of my favorite Sunday dinners. I almost never use the canned chicken preferring to season (garlic salt and black pepper) and bake my own. I usually serve with fruit or green salad. I like ketchup on my casserole as well and recently my husband tried it with ranch. Have fun adding or subtracting whatever you want from this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment