Friday, January 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars

Tonight we had a game night with the Elders Quorum - it was fun! I made these bars and they were gobbled up VERY fast. I had just enough to give our babysitter some before he went home. It's definitely a keeper for me (since I am a peanut butter lover and a chocoholic). Teresa, I was going to make your recipe that you gave me, but I think I threw it away. Could I get that one again? Thanks.

I even took a picture for your enjoyment.

(Now, if you look close you can see it was a little gooey in the middle, thats because I didn't cook it to the full 25 minutes - so I would recommend cooking it the full length - but it was still very yummy.)
1 cup peanut butter
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Mix peanut butter, butter or margarine, and sugars until creamy. Stir in vanilla. Beat in eggs. Mix in flour. Stir in 3/4c chocolate chips. Spread dough into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes and spread. Cool, and cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. Very good! We made these the other day and they were great!

    ReplyDelete