Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oreo Truffles

Last night was the 24 premier. I was in charge of the dessert and so I made Girl Scout Samoa cookies. I was on the phone with my mom for a while during the recipe and screwed it up basically because I was not giving it the attention it needed. They turned out awful so I had to do something else. I only had 3o minutes until we left so I made these and they were a hit. So rich you only need one to satisfy that chocolate craving. Plus I was amazed at the little amount of ingredients.



Oreo Truffles
by Bakerella

Ingredients:
1 package Oreo cookies
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1 package of white chocolate bark (about 24 oz.)

Directions
1. Finely crush 2 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush 36 cookies in a large ziploc and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.I found using your hands was a LOT easier
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. Dust the tops with the 2 crushed cookies for decoration or add sprinkles of your choice.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment