These taquitos are delicious and so much healthier becuase you dont fry them. This is one of Michael's favorite meals. I find I over stuff mine so they are not as skinny and "flute like" as the frozen kind . But who minds extra stuffing?
2 Chicken Breasts
6 Cups of water
1 tsp cumin
1/4 C of salsa
1/4 C Sour Cream or Cream cheese
1/2 C Mexi Cheese Blend
8 Flour Tortillas or Corn Tortillas(depending how stuffed you make them)
1. Boil chicken in water until done. Flavor water with Chicken Boullion (?) cubes if you want.
2. Shred Chicken
3. in a bowl mix chicken, cumin, salsa, sour cream or cream cheese, and mexi cheese blend.
4. Warm tortillas so they are pliable and put 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortilla.
5. Roll tortilla and seal with a toothpick so you dont have to worry about it unfolding.
6. Bake for 25 minutes @ 375 degrees.
Get creative and serve them enchilada style or with guacamole. Mexican rice is always a good way to pair this meal up. My perfect mexican rice recipe will follow tomorrow. This is an easy basic recipe that you can add flavorings to and make it your own.